Mirror Electrical

masoncobb

Is there an easy way to mirror a complete house plan including the electrical? I figured out how to mirror everything, but the outlets and switches go haywire. I don't like to have to go searching through my plan to move everything back where it's supposed to go.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, masoncobb said:

Yes and it works with everything but the electrical.

I certainly don't have that issue. Make sure you use "Edit Area (All Floors)" and then ensure you are zoomed out far enough to create a large enough Edit Area polyline. It can also help to create a temporary centerline that you will use to reflect the plan about that centerline.

24 minutes ago, rgardner said:

I must be misunderstanding what’s being looked for.  Is there a reason not to use the reverse plan tool?

The reasons I wouldn't (and don't use it) is:

• to not bugger up my left and right elevation cameras,
  • to leave a few site plan and terrain items
  • to keep the building aligned where I want on the plan grid, usually referring to the x-axis.

I understand what you mean with some of these cases and can see the merit.  Obviously every case would be different, my first thought when reading the OP was to use the reverse plan tool as it wouldn't cause those issues with the electrical, but I guess I assumed the following in this case:

31 minutes ago, robdyck said:

to not bugger up my left and right elevation cameras,

I just rename the cameras obviously and don't really see this as much of an issue as after renaming them and flipping things around and moving them on the layout It might take like 5 minutes to get it corrected.

32 minutes ago, robdyck said:

to leave a few site plan and terrain items

I guess I figured as I don't really do my site plan until the end of construction documents (my personal workflow) that this wouldn't be an issue.  But that being said you move your site plan around your model not vice versa.

33 minutes ago, robdyck said:

to keep the building aligned where I want on the plan grid, usually referring to the x-axis.

Definitely some merit on this concern and I don't use the reverse tool often enough to have ever noticed this but I just did a test and it reverses it in the exact same X/Y Axis points so that is actually not necessary but worth investigating to make sure as some of the super long McMansions could definitely cause an issue in 3d if that was the case.

Maybe you have some points I am not thinking about why these are big concerns?