Where is my fireplace?

ChiefUserGingerP

Ginger Carter Patterson Chief user since 1994 now using X12 

I upgraded from V10.08 to X12 last Fall. I've struggled through jumping 12 versions while trying to finish a half dozen projects I started in V10. I was told I could open my plans in progress and that was true, but there were so many materials errors, I finally thought it best to redraw the plans I had working. After nearly seven months, I haven't mastered X12 and probably never will, but I still have hair I haven't pulled out and I'm very happy I upgraded. You guys just keep getting better and better. 

My question is easy. Where is the plain masonry fireplace symbol? The corner FP is in the core library. The 36 x 60 fireplace I used hundreds of times which I could modify to suit my needs is not to be found. I surrender, I am asking for help. I need that fireplace! I can pop it on the outside wall and push/pull into or outside the wall, change it to suit my needs and add mantel, etc. I tried opening one of my plans from V10 and copy the old fireplace, but it will not paste. 

Someone please tell me how to get that simple flexible fireplace. I don't need all those fancy ones. 

Thanks, 

Ginger Carter Patterson 

Texarkana, Arkansas 

• Like 1

Ginger, you will need to add this tool to one of your toolbars. If you look at the first attached image you will see that you can select "customize toolbars" from your tools drop down menu. Once you select this you will see a drop down of all the tools available to you, the one you are looking for is "fireplace" (image 2). Good luck

Fireplace symbol 1.jpg

Fireplace symbol 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks so much! I knew it had to be hiding somewhere. 
How do I push it out so that only 6-12" is in the room and the body of the FP is 18" outside the wall? It is snapped aligned to the outside of the brick wall. 
I promise I won't bother you again today if you answer this one! I appreciate your help. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChiefUserGingerP said:

How do I push it out so that only 6-12" is in the room and the body of the FP is 18" outside the wall?

Use the diagonal radio button, just pull the fireplace out to where you want it. You can make other size adjustments in the dialog box.

fireplace locate.jpg

• Like 2