Bay Windows

NeilofOZ

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

Have set up a bay window and require the window sections to meet at 45degree as show in attached pic, however I can't  get both sections ( left & right ) to 

meet the centre one, programme will only allow one to meet and if the opposite is connected, a masonry fillet appears on the opposite side.

CA's programme assumes bay windows are design for framed walls with traditional casings & jambs, but no allowance to modify for aluminium windows,

am I missing something?     

Bay Window, Elevation.jpg

Bay Window, Plan.pdf

On 4/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, NeilofOZ said:

CA's programme assumes bay windows are design for framed walls with traditional casings & jambs, but no allowance to modify for aluminium windows,

am I missing something? 

I've always done this with a cased window so never noticed this issue before.  Only way I could get both corners to finish as you want was to use two separate windows for the center section.  Don't know if anyone else knows a solution, but I think you should bring this to Chief's attention.

• Solution
On 4/26/2021 at 12:52 AM, NeilofOZ said:

but no allowance to modify for aluminium windows,

am I missing something? 

I'm working on the same thing right now, but luckily I've got one from a previous plan. For a manufactured bay window, you need to use a wall type that is a single layer, the same depth and material as the window sash / frame. If you want a typical wall below, then you need to use a pony wall.  This will allow you to get the windows very close to the inside corner. To clean up the exterior corner you can use a Corner trim or a p-solid. This process will not provide the portion of wall above the bay. For this you can use walls on the floor above and drag them down to the correct height. You'll also need to build the jamb and casing manually using solids and 3d moldings.

Mark thanks for your solution, worked a treat with the split windows on the centre section, I could insert triangular fillets where the

mullions meet to match the window framing, but visually it looks OK as is, see pic.

Regards Neil. 

Bay Window.png