Export Materials List - To Excel ?

Chopsaw

I am not having any luck with this using these setting to export a material list that has excluded columns.

1147672095_ExpotSettings.thumb.JPG.4271896465fb6a3357f5b4cf025344ee.JPG

If I select "Include Hidden Columns" I get everything, but I don't want everything yet if I don't select it chief hides the columns I want.

This is what I am exporting.

964222088_ChiefMaterialList.thumb.JPG.61b39eae62caa16e02914b067774e4db.JPG

Here are the results I get in Excel.

2046783881_ImportedExcelMaterialList.thumb.JPG.e3b45a6f9e07bda4356e644d239e50b2.JPG

Columns B, C , D, and E  have all of the data that I want to export and "Unhide Columns" setting does nothing in Excel. Is there another setting somewhere I have missed ?

12 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

"Unhide Columns" setting does nothing in Excel.

I think you probably just need to scroll to the left and you'll find that it does indeed do what you're looking for.

P.S.  It may be that you're not selecting anything.  Select All before unhiding.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, solver said:

Looks like empty columns are not exported.

Actually the empty columns are the only ones that are exported.   I will edit my original posting so you can see the original in Chief.

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

P.S.  It may be that you're not selecting anything.  Select All before unhiding.

That is the ticket right there.  I knew they must have been hiding since the column sequence was messed up.

Is there possibly a setting that would prevent that from happening on import ?

5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Ok thanks.  I will just have to remember the trick.

I usually just copy and paste myself so it's not something I typically have to deal with, but I can tell you that the export results with regard to hidden cells varies a bit depending on which columns you have displayed and on how many columns you have displayed.

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I usually just copy and paste myself so it's not something I typically have to deal with, but I can tell you that the export results with regard to hidden cells varies a bit depending on which columns you have displayed and on how many columns you have displayed.

There seem to be issues with cut and paste as well.  It seems to give you all the hidden columns somehow that are not displayed.

I will work with the export function for now until I run into another issue.  Thanks again.

• 1 year later...