Material / Textiles / Files Missing - Using multiple computers

Ange822

I have a work desktop that I recently got X12 on, I used to have X9 and have every bonus library etc. on it. When I made the switch it seems like not all the bonus libraries switched over.

In addition, I will switch from a desktop to 2 other laptops I have at home to use X12 for different projects.  Every time I open a file that I have imported SKP files or loaded different textiles / materials from internet photos they go missing when I open the file on another computer / laptop.

Is their any way to fix this / make it easier to link material files that are missing / or have all SKP and bonus libraries on each computer the same (example: if I load a bonus library or SKP file on my desktop it will not show up on my laptops).

502587278_MissingFiles.thumb.png.ca5c58b6c5268781ac9e3b9add97bac5.png

I would love to see if the more experienced folks here have a more elegant solution as I run into this problem with my coworker's drawings. But until we hear from them, when you go to save a plan there's an option two down from "Save As" called "Backup Entire Plan." Using this will save your plan to a folder along with all the textures currently used in the file. If you copy that folder to your other machines when you switch, you shouldn't get that error message anymore. These folders do get kind of large sometimes, but the only other way to do it is to make sure your libraries all match. When you import a new library item you have to make sure you put it everywhere you use the plan.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 9:08 AM, conwaynorth1 said:

I would love to see if the more experienced folks here have a more elegant solution as I run into this problem with my coworker's drawings. But until we hear from them, when you go to save a plan there's an option two down from "Save As" called "Backup Entire Plan." Using this will save your plan to a folder along with all the textures currently used in the file. If you copy that folder to your other machines when you switch, you shouldn't get that error message anymore. These folders do get kind of large sometimes, but the only other way to do it is to make sure your libraries all match. When you import a new library item you have to make sure you put it everywhere you use the plan.

Thank you for your response. This seems to solve the issue! But yes only issue is the size of the file!

• 1 month later...

You can save everything on one  drive and link all of your computers that way. I'm not saying to "work" off of one drive. Simply save/backup everything to your one drive folder so that when you open the file on a different computer it opens the most recent version and all of your catalogs, libraries, etc. are the same.