Foundation level framing...

DougDM

Actually not framing, I have a house we're working on at the beach with an open crawl space elevated on pilings. We typically frame a 2x4 Pressure Treated wall that hangs from the rim joists above down to grade, and sheathed with Hardy Board panels or the like.   I created a lower level "0" as if building a foundation,  but with no floor, or footings. Just a framed wall and a crawl space with a height of about 3ft from grade to sub floor above.  I tried framing it by selecting the walls and expecting the typical framing tool. The framing tool does not appear to be available in the edit tool bar. ????    I have room definition, structure available when I open the room/crawlspace diag. box. I made a copy of the walls along side the house, copied them then pasted to floor level 1. The framing tool became available and the stubby walls framed as I would expect. I reversed the copy  / paste to move the walls back down to Level 0, and the framing disappeared. Yes framing layers were on. The framing tool also disappeared. I've done similar jobs with no issues. Any Idea what I'm missing? The last image is what I'm trying to accomplish, it's a new drawing using the same template as the previous images. I framed the walls of the crawl space from Level 0, the framing tool was available...It worked fine..but I can't get it to work in the actual job plan. It's probably staring me in the face, Sometimes a break or an extra pair of eyes goes a long way.

Thanks,

Doug

Blow Out -2 2021-04-16_11-33-45.jpg

Blow Out -1 2021-04-16_11-27-38.jpg

Blow Out -3 2021-04-16_11-33-45.jpg

Blow Out 4 2021-04-16_11-43-12.jpg

Blow Out 5 2021-04-16_11-43-12.jpg