Skip Sheeting In Chief?

HumbleChief

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Sure why not ?   Manually in X12 or auto in X13

Thanks Chop, X13 will do this auto? And perhaps that alludes to Michael's post labeling them purlins that can be auto framed in X13?

I can get the lookouts sized and spaced to look OK then I guess I can turn off auto roof frame and manually place them. Was hoping for an auto method but perhaps X13?.

Just now, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Michael, I think X13 will auto frame these 'purlins'?

Maybe.  I guess time will tell.  I do seem to recall seeing something in one or more of their little sneak peeks though.  In the meantime, there are several methods, but if you use trusses, you can simply make them all Reduced Gable trusses and then manually drag an automatically generated lolookout right over the top of all of them.  

1 minute ago, HumbleChief said:

I can get the lookouts sized and spaced to look OK then I guess I can turn off auto roof frame and manually place them.

Yes just leave an air space for them to exist in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Maybe.  I guess time will tell.  I do seem to recall seeing something in one or more of their little sneak peeks though.  In the meantime, there are several methods, but if you use trusses, you can simply make them all Reduced Gable trusses and then manually drag an automatically generated lolookout right over the top of all of them.  

Interesting as the current lookouts are let in to the rafters instead of riding over them.

Just now, robdyck said:

You know you would! But I bet sometimes you'd slip up and call them strapping.

Only when I'm hanging around someone using the word strapping.   I actually forget that term in between uses.  In fact, I remembered it right after I posted above and then went back and edited it to add the word strapping as well. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Tasty... Do you know of a way to get the lookouts to rest on top of the rafters auto?

Nope. But you might find something interesting in Chief's Recorded Webinars.

Edited by robdyck
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Tasty... Do you know of a way to get the lookouts to rest on top of the rafters auto?

I developed a special tool for that a while back if you want to flip me your email and I can send it.

Or your file and I can put it on your roof so you can edit.

• Upvote 1