Wall Framing Detail Overlay??

Designer1

In X12 you can overlay in 3d the original house and have the new section show as the ghost image to show the remodel changes.  Is this possible to do for the Wall Framing Detail?  Can you superimpose the cabinets along the wall and have them be semi transparent when looking at the framing?  Ive been trying different methods for this but dont know if Chief can do this?

Thanks in advance!

HI Glenn,

Thanks for the reply!  I think its the orthographic camera.... I watched a video on chiefs website and it showed how you can click on a wall and select frame the wall and create a camera view of the framed wall.  I thought that might be really handy to be able to use that view with the cabinets transparent on the walls.  This was the chief video I was watching...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10123/wall-blocking-for-cabinets.html?playlist=145

Curious, how did you get your framing and cabinets to look that way?  Did you just make a special layer set?

I just wanted to reply again as I didnt get any clarity on this.  Glenn are you still out there in chief universe?:)  I just wondered if you took a look at the chief video I posted and knew if transparent cabinets could be put in a view like the ones shown in that video example?

If its not possible in that wall detail view, how did you achieve the framing with transparent cabinets in the 3d camera did you make a custom layer?

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

If its not possible in that wall detail view, how did you achieve the framing with transparent cabinets in the 3d camera did you make a custom layer?

Take a look at this video and see if that helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5435/using-the-reference-display.html?playlist=100

image.thumb.png.d3a469c995d52e15d4c789555446a233.png

For the purpose of the picture, I gave all the cupboards a glass material and then used layers to control the display of the framed wall and the cupboards.

Chopsaws way looks OK, or you could use Style Palettes to change the cupboard materials from normal to glass and back again.  

• 2 months later...