Floor Types?

Brett12

Hi, Does Cheif have any way of saving floor construction types? i.e. different types of floor joist sizes with a certain flooring or different types of concrete slabs that are various thicknesses with or without under slab insulation. I see you have Wall types you can save, but under "Floor Structure Definition" there is nowhere to save it as a new type for future use.

43 minutes ago, solver said:

Chief seems to think settings like this should be saved in a template plan, so you would have a template for each floor structure type.

I've suggested that we be able to save things like this, and including roof defaults, window defaults etc., and simply apply them to whatever template we are using.

+1!

Yes, this can be done.

Have a look at Default Settings>Floors and Rooms>Room Types.

You can create and save various configurations for floor and ceiling platforms on a room type basis.

You can also set an overall default or you can specify different defaults by floor.

From the help file:

Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults

Floor and Ceiling Structure and Finish definitions assigned to rooms have a hierarchy of dynamic defaults. See Dynamic Defaults.

• The plan-wide defaults for platforms are set in the Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults dialog.

• The plan-wide defaults can be overridden for each floor level in the Floor Defaults dialogs.

• Floor-wide platform defaults can be overridden in the Room Type Defaults dialogs.

• The platform defaults for Room Types can be overridden for individual rooms in the Room Specification dialog. See Structure Panel.

See Floor and Ceiling Platforms

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...