Isometric Camera Views Keep Moving Throwing Off Layout

kwhitt

16 hours ago, kwhitt said:

I'll be glad to report it, I always do, but my question was whether or not this was a known issue.  Sounds like it is seeing Rob's reply.  In fact, I've reported several bugs and although Tech Support responds quickly, they never seem to get fixed.

I have reported this problem for years - both here in the forum and during the X11 beta test.

I use an iso camera of the floor plan with a normal plan view laid on top for the notes and details - that way I get a nice looking image for the concept layout.

1203617728_ScreenShot2021-04-10at7_48_21AM.thumb.png.14c38e8d288247e411aad862953e3d05.png

I haven't been able to eliminate the issue, and was wondering if it was a Mac/Apple only issue, but now see it's general.

The only things I've found to minimize it: Make sure cameras are set up correctly at x=0 y=0 position, with z=10' or less above floor. Rendering style set to 'standard' Export to pdf at 144dpi. Then once you get your camera correct, don't mess with it in the model. If the camera Jumps around in Layout, try closing the layout and reopening. Maybe restarting Chief. Finally if it's still moving you can use a point-to-point move to line it back up, but it's always a bummer chasing these cameras around your layout.

Good luck - I remain ever hopeful that this issue will one day receive the attention it needs 

I've decided to export a higher res image instead of using live camera views.  I'm running into another problem now.  When I increase the resolution on export, the image is skewed.  The first attachment is using active window size (no problem), the second and third images have been increased to 2K in width with "retain aspect ratio" checked.  What's happening here?

hood_01.jpg

hood_01_2K.jpg

hood_03.jpg

4 minutes ago, kylejmarsh said:

I have reported this problem for years - both here in the forum and during the X11 beta test.

I use an iso camera of the floor plan with a normal plan view laid on top for the notes and details - that way I get a nice looking image for the concept layout.

1203617728_ScreenShot2021-04-10at7_48_21AM.thumb.png.14c38e8d288247e411aad862953e3d05.png

I haven't been able to eliminate the issue, and was wondering if it was a Mac/Apple only issue, but now see it's general.

The only things I've found to minimize it: Make sure cameras are set up correctly at x=0 y=0 position, with z=10' or less above floor. Rendering style set to 'standard' Export to pdf at 144dpi. Then once you get your camera correct, don't mess with it in the model. If the camera Jumps around in Layout, try closing the layout and reopening. Maybe restarting Chief. Finally if it's still moving you can use a point-to-point move to line it back up, but it's always a bummer chasing these cameras around your layout.

Good luck - I remain ever hopeful that this issue will one day receive the attention it needs 

Kyle - thanks for the feedback.  Good looking floor plan BTW.  Unfortunately I have three of these layout boxes on one page.  When I get one or two in the correct position, the remaining layout box goes crazy.  If this were only one layout box, I could close the camera view, position as needed, and call it done.  I am now unable to even export the view as an image unless I accept the low-res active window size.  When I increase the resolution, the images skew and are unusable.

6 hours ago, kwhitt said:

I've decided to export a higher res image instead of using live camera views.  I'm running into another problem now.  When I increase the resolution on export, the image is skewed....

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue myself. 

23 hours ago, kwhitt said:
23 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Another couple potential methods:

1. Send To Layout using Current Screen As Image
  2. Use Perspective Cameras with a 10 degree Field of View (the smallest it will go).

Thanks Michael.  I will give your 2nd suggestion a try.  Is this a known problem with Chief that an isometric camera will move?

Did you ever give that second suggestion a try?