Can't Get Wall To Show Gypboard

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

The client wanted to use a horizontal bead board for the main wall finish. I finally convinced them it wasn't a good idea for this particular home. They decided just to show gyp board everywhere and we could add special finishes (tile etc) as needed so I edited the defaults for ext/int walls for gyp board, saved the changes and closed the plan. Upon reopening the plan, I noted all the walls are still showing as the horizontal bead board so I checked to see if the program had saved my changes, and it had indeed; however reopening the full camera elevation view still shows bead board.

I selected individual walls and opened the dbx's to see what was spec'd for the wall materials and gyp board is selected; however reopening the full camera elevation and it still shows the horizontal bead board!?!? what am I missing?

post-1662-0-52070000-1417705808_thumb.jpg

Did you use the Material Painter (spray can) to apply the beadboard texture to the exterior walls? If so, any changes you make in the Wall Specification dbx won't matter until you set the wall's Exterior Wall Surface to Use Default. You have to do this for every wall you've painted:

post-95-0-65707900-1417706179_thumb.png

If you painted EVERY wall, simply select the exterior room and change the material in the Room Specification dbx.

• Solution

I don't remember using the paint roller, as I usually set all my plan defaults (edits) @ the start of a new plan. Anyway, Robert; I attempted what you suggested and as you can see (after a dozen or more attempts) the interior wall finish finally changed to gyp board, however; you can also see that some of the BB remains in the eve, as well as the mull between the door and fixed glass and it all looks kind of squirrely?!? So, I don't know how to fix those issues? So the battle continues, and I need to get the schematic ready for their review.

post-1662-0-35345600-1417709831_thumb.jpg

post-1662-0-63620000-1417709866_thumb.jpg

Perry, unless I had a lapse of memory, I did not paint the walls, I edited the plan defaults as you will see in the clips. I originally set the interior side as gyp board. sent them a couple screen shots and they asked what the wall finish inside was to which I said byp board. They said show us what it would look like with BB run horizontally, so I went back into edit default and changed to the HBB, then screen shot it back to them, and after we talked and they listened I went back into edit defaults back to gyp board.

I defined the wall in default edits because they sent me a wall detail (he is a contractor) of how HE wanted the exterior wall built up by layer!

post-1662-0-55541200-1417710991_thumb.jpg

post-1662-0-74714500-1417711053_thumb.jpg

post-1662-0-76281000-1417711073_thumb.jpg

When you post a plan with your question it removes all doubt and controversies... Perry is only offering a response based on the info you provided... Don't get me wrong, we are here to help!!!

I completely understand, and appreciate all  the help!

I have been trying to post the plan and kept getting an error message, this time it worked?

Thanks!

Plan 2 Main Level X6 Current.plan

See attached. I think something was corrupt - but not sure what. Everything seemed set up properly. When I drew new interior walls, they all had beadboard, even though the defaults and wall type specified drywall. So on a lark I used the spray can to paint the drywall on one of the walls, and after a rebuild everything was fine.

Plan 2 Main Level X6 Current.plan

Look in the 'Room Specification' dbx - change to drywall - fixed. Do it for each room. Don't know where that came from.

Perfect Larry. The one place it didn't occur to me to look, though considering my first response to the post, it should have.