Casement windows

Geyatautsilvsgi

Hi, I have a question. Has anyone ever made a casement window in chief with "prairie" style windows? In all my years of working with chief, I have never been able to do it in chief automatically or naturally. I have always had to fake it in the 2D detail or elevation views. It works great with a single hung or double hung window but not with a casement because the entire window section is operable not just one half like the SH/DH windows. IF anyone has ever made one, I would definitely like to know how. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Geyatautsilvsgi said:

Hi, I have a question. Has anyone ever made a casement window in chief with "prairie" style windows? In all my years of working with chief, I have never been able to do it in chief automatically or naturally. I have always had to fake it in the 2D detail or elevation views. It works great with a single hung or double hung window but not with a casement because the entire window section is operable not just one half like the SH/DH windows. IF anyone has ever made one, I would definitely like to know how. Thanks.

You'd like a casement window above or below a fixed window, correct?

Just now, Geyatautsilvsgi said:

Thank you  for responding. Unfortunately, no, the  casement window itself has to be or look like a big "prairie" window.

Can you post a sketch of what you have in mind, or an example from a previous project? Google didn't help.

image.thumb.png.da9cebc6bfb6cabb16c470d54e092e2f.png

The attached window is the style she wants in her casements. In real life this can be done as a custom job. However, in chief,  I have found that this canonly be achieved by using a single hung or double hung window. I have not been able to get this to work in a casement. thus the reason for my question. As I said, the one that Mr. Carrick posted is close only need to take up at least half the window.

DH Prairie window.jpg

Just now, Geyatautsilvsgi said:

The attached window is the style she wants in her casements. In real life this can be done as a custom job. However, in chief,  I have found that this canonly be achieved by using a single hung or double hung window. I have not been able to get this to work in a casement. thus the reason for my question. As I said, the one that Mr. Carrick posted is close only need to take up at least half the window.

DH Prairie window.jpg

There you go, that's what we needed.  Use Craftsman style grids and set Lites Across to 3 and Lites Vertical to 2.