Siding Disappears When A Room Divider Connects With An Exterior Wall

Craigevans

I am new with chief and I am having a problem. When I build a covered lanai or porch, I am building my tie beam by building a wall and using the pony wall as a room divider to allow for the height i need of the beam and also to provide an enclosed "room" space so I can set my ceiling heights. The only problem is that when I do this, the room divider is removing the siding at the point of contact with the exterior wall and I see the exposed structure of the wall. Can someone help with why this happening and how to fix it. Or if there is a better way to create a tie beam and still creat the "room for ceiling heights ect. Thanks!

Lanai: a Hawaiian word for veranda...

Veranda: Also, verandah. Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S word for a large, open porch, usually covered... :)

I Googled Lanai, didn't get any hits that made sense within the context. Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks so much for the help! By taking the wall and making it invisible that took care of the problem. I couldn't use the rail wall because I want the area open from all sides and the finished floor height is at ground height. Thanks again. This forum is great for help and the responses came a lot faster than I thought they would. This is a great resource especially for the newbie!