Black Screen

PLANsLLC123

I am revising an old plan and trying to open an Ortho View to put in layout, but I am getting a Black Screen.  This project has been running very slow.  Also, it takes forever to save as a .pdf file and, once save, the .pdf file is not printing.  I keep all my files on an external hard drive.  I have been having a similar situation when I opened Wall Specification Window or Door Specification and got a black sceen instead of interactive tools.  Also, when I open the Materials window the picture of the tea pot always comes up grainy.  This project has worked fine in the past, i.e. I have opened and moved Ortho views to layout etc., and can do so in other projects, but the sluggishness is specific to this project, while the Black Screen issues have been intermittent within various drawing files.

Do these symptoms point to anything obvious to anyone more savvy at the computer than myself ?  ...which does not take a whole lot...

Appreciate any opinions or suggestions.

Tim

Just checking back in, in case the resolution might help someone else...

I was able to check in with CA Tech Support and they isolated it to my docking station.  Apparently, the HDMI cable to the Monitor that was plugged into the Docking station, then to the laptop, needed to be plugged directly into the laptop.

Thanks again for the help.

• Like 1