How do you add brick inlay to sidewalks that move along terrain

tchomes

I am needing to add brick inlay boarder and strips in a sidewalk for a customer.  Normally in Texas, everything is flat and I just create a molding polyline on the sidewalk and that takes care of it.  This customer is building with a little bit of terrain and wants an exposed porch, so the sidewalk doesn't lay flat...

I'm sure some of you have figured this out, so I am all ears!  Let me know your tricks.  Attached is my polyline trick, which doesn't follow the terrain like my sidewalk does.

I'm moving on to some other items on my clients list and will check back in when you all have solved my dilemna.  Thanks in advance for being super smart!

Smith IX Residence sidewalk pattern.jpg

Thanks for both of your ingenious ideas!  I used the polyline as a road perimeter with a curb.  I had to set the curb 1" tall for it to show all the brick as it appeared the terrain was cutting the curb otherwise.  I used the road marking for the cross bands.  In hindsight, I may could have used the road again, as the road marking you can't set the defualt height and it creates a little bit of a "toe trip hazard", but for my CD's, it won't be noticeable.

Thanks again for your creativity!  I knew I could count on Chief Talk.

Smith IX Residence f sidewalk fix.jpg