Lining up floorplans on different sheets

DamienT

Is there a way to overlay floor sheets so you can line up different floorplans on different sheets eg. Have the electrical plan positioned exactly in the same place as the main floorplan sheet, or line up the upper level plan sheet with the lower level on another sheet? 

Like the reference tool on the plan detail, but on the sheets

1 minute ago, justmejerry said:

If you are using Plan Views very easy to do. Place your first one where you want it and then copy and hold position for next page. Once you place open the layout box and change your floor and plan view to suit.

That's what I do.

But just to elaborate, position the first view how you want it on the sheet, then copy that layout view. Go to the other sheet, and use Paste/Hold Position to paste the previous view exactly where it is on the previous sheet. Then, open that view and change the floor and/or the Saved Plan View or Current Default Set.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pewufilo
    Newest Member
    pewufilo

• By JKEdmo
      Simple question -

I was wondering what the purpose / function of layer 0 is in Chief?  All the other layers are pretty self-explanatory...

Thank you,

Jim

• By TheResBureau
      I'm looking for someone working in X13 (Interiors) for ongoing help with floor plans and interior elevations. Someone who could help in a freelance capacity for my interior design business. This might include developing floor plans from hand drawn site measurements or PDFs from existing plans. Kitchen and bathroom elevations for construction purposes. Etc. No guarantees on the number of hours, but as needed throughout the year. Please reach out if interested.

• By Nate_M
      My preferred method for placing freestanding refrigerators in a tall cabinet is to create a cabinet with an opening and manually place a refrigerator in that opening. This works great for me because I can place the refrigerator however I want in the cabinet. I often leave some space at the back as an allowance for the electrical and water lines. 

The issue I am having is that the refrigerator symbol I place in the cabinet shows up on top of the cabinet symbol. I want the cabinet to show that the refrigerator has been placed inside of it. I don't really know if there's a way to edit the order of how symbols display, if there is how do I accomplish that? If there is not and you have the same issue, what do you do to fix it? I attached a photo to show how my refrigerators are displaying in relation to tall cabinets. 

• By SLInteriors
      Interior Design Firm looking for assistance with Chief Architect floor plans and renderings (2d and 3d). Most projects are individual rooms or a main floor, some exteriors as well. All details for drawings and finishes would be provided.  Require someone with attention to detail. Able to turn around under a week.

If interested, please message me with your hourly rate as well.

Thank You!
      SLI
    • By alexpwalsh
      Whenever I try to do a virtual walk through, I get these random flashes of interior wall and roof layers coming through. It happens with both interior and exterior walk throughts. It looks horrible, see the attached example. I've tried turning off all sorts of layers in the camera view - nothing seems to help and I can't find anyone else mentioning this on here so I figure it must be a setting on my end. Also have tried playing with frame rates and rendering options to no avail. Any ideas?

Version: X12 Premier Student

ext_walkthrough5.wmv