Change Stem Wall Height w/o Rebuilding Foundation

alexpwalsh

I need to go from a 36" stem wall to a 40". I swear I have done this successfully by simply editing stem wall height in  Defaults>Foundation and it updated automatically. Now that does not seem to be the case. That's the only place I can find to change stem wall height, none of the other wall dialogues (Defaults>Walls>Foundation or individual wall spec dialogues) have height. I really don't want to rebuild the foundation, as I've done a lot of work on it. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

You can also select the individual wall in 3D or elevation, drag down using drag-tab, enter 4" and repeat for each wall

1025790538_ScreenShot2021-04-05at7_34_03AM.thumb.png.9e801baa73728f8367558826f610bece.png

414904355_ScreenShot2021-04-05at7_34_17AM.thumb.png.d8f5ee1c8d0434484fac3b99feac4afb.png

Only warning I would add in for newer users is whenever you edit a wall in elevation or 3d view you take the dynamic out of the wall and it will no longer adjust itself.  I highly dissuade manual manipulation of the walls unless a very experienced user for abou 99% of the cases.

foundation “rooms work the same as regular rooms the wall builds to the heights you set in the room dbx whether it’s dynamic with all of the rooms acting off of the default or whether you change each foundation room.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, did not realize I had to be in the room dialogue instead of wall. Somehow I was able to change them all with one click in the defaults last time.. but I only have 4 foundation "rooms" so it's not a big deal to do it individually.

1 hour ago, alexpwalsh said:Somehow I was able to change them all with one click in the defaults last time.. but I only have 4 foundation "rooms" so it's not a big deal to do it individually.

If you need to change it all try the floor 0 settings assuming you did not manually change the heights either in elevation of the walls or per room amd everything is still clocked default you should be able to adjust it there.