Story Pole Dimensions

DougDM

Good Morning and Happy Easter.   I typically create my own Story Pole dims by just pulling lines off my model at points I choose.  I stopped using the Auto SPD's (Story Pole Dimensions) cause I think when trying to choose different objects in more than one elevation, it would change them all.   Has that changed.  I. E. If I have two elevations, one is an Exterior Front Elev. and I set the story pole dims to accommodate the object of that elevation,  Then when I want to change the defaults to pick other objects on for instance a rear elevation... will it screw up the first SPD's layed down for the front Elev..? Thanks for any insight.

Stay Safe,

Doug

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me why my "highest ridge" is so much higher the the actual highest ridge. and I can't seem to move it to the right position.  I have looked for invisible walls that are tall or any feature that would be taller that I can't see and I can't seem to see anything and I cant move along in this project until I fix this.

Screenshot (20).png

1 hour ago, drzahas said:

Can anyone tell me why my "highest ridge" is so much higher the the actual highest ridge. and I can't seem to move it to the right position.  I have looked for invisible walls that are tall or any feature that would be taller that I can't see and I can't seem to see anything and I cant move along in this project until I fix this.

Screenshot (20).png

No taller building in the drawing?  

Scroll out and click one of the two dimension lines and look for the diamond on the end of the extension line.....grab it and pull it back to the ridge seen in the pic...use CTRL key as you pull it back / down if needed. There will be one diamond for each dimension line.....

It’s reaching for something… do an all in selection window and see if anything is floating around up there.  It’s happened to me, Not with story pole but just with dimensioning. You might use all on layer set to see if anything is hidden. It’s not supposed to reach for anything on an off layer, but it has happened. You may have created a solid on a wrong floor without realizing it. Just throwing out some thoughts. Also change to right side and see if it’s still up in space. Let us know.