SHADOW DIAGRAM

Treehouse2339

THE CITY WANTS A SHADOW DIAGRAM DONE THAT SHOWS HOW THE NEW HOUSE WILL CAST ITS SHADOW ONTO THE NEIGHBOR SO AS NOT TO INTERFERE WITH THEIR SOLAR PANELS THAT NOW DO NOT EXIST.  SO i HAVE ENTERED A NORTH AROW IN MY PLAN AND FILLED IN ALL THE LATITUDE, LONGITUDE AND DATE AND TIME AND THE LENGTH OF THE SHADOW.  THE SUN ANGLE APPEARS ON THE PLAN BUT NO SHADOW IS CAST. SO DOWN ON THE TASK BAR THERE IS A BUTTON FOR CAST SHADOW BUT IT DOES NOTHING.  ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS PERPLEXING ISSUE?

8 hours ago, Treehouse2339 said:

THE CITY WANTS A SHADOW DIAGRAM DONE THAT SHOWS HOW THE NEW HOUSE WILL CAST ITS SHADOW ONTO THE NEIGHBOR SO AS NOT TO INTERFERE WITH THEIR SOLAR PANELS THAT NOW DO NOT EXIST.  SO i HAVE ENTERED A NORTH AROW IN MY PLAN AND FILLED IN ALL THE LATITUDE, LONGITUDE AND DATE AND TIME AND THE LENGTH OF THE SHADOW.  THE SUN ANGLE APPEARS ON THE PLAN BUT NO SHADOW IS CAST. SO DOWN ON THE TASK BAR THERE IS A BUTTON FOR CAST SHADOW BUT IT DOES NOTHING.  ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS PERPLEXING ISSUE?

You may not have clicked "Make Shadow". This generates a plan view polyline representation of the shadow. However, that will NOT provide the information necessary to answer The City's questions about shadows affecting the adjacent property. That will require a 3d representation including a basic 3D model of the affected home. You can probably accurately plot and model the adjacent home (in a simple shape form) using information from Google Earth, Street View, and / or other resources. Model it like a Monopoly House play piece. 

image.thumb.png.eed56218a70e7345575db160ec8ada7b.png

• Like 1

I feel like I’ve been living in a cave for 50 years. 

Is this what we’ve come to?

I have to build so as not to cast shadow over my neighbour’s solar panels?

How about moving your solar panels?

Is it so that the first guy to build on a block has precedence over everyone afterwards?

I don’t get it. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

I feel like I’ve been living in a cave for 50 years. 

Is this what we’ve come to?

I have to build so as not to cast shadow over my neighbour’s solar panels?

How about moving your solar panels?

Is it so that the first guy to build on a block has precedence over everyone afterwards?

I don’t get it. 

It's worse than you think too.  Read the post again..

17 hours ago, Treehouse2339 said:

THE CITY WANTS A SHADOW DIAGRAM DONE THAT SHOWS HOW THE NEW HOUSE WILL CAST ITS SHADOW ONTO THE NEIGHBOR SO AS NOT TO INTERFERE WITH THEIR SOLAR PANELS THAT NOW DO NOT EXIST

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

and as Californian's know, cities are stopping gas from being installed in new homes.  And mandating car chargers in their garages.  the obscene part is California does not allow any more electrical generating plats so they bye most of their electricity from other states.  Then there are the rolling blackouts!!!!

• Upvote 1