Room Finish Schedule - Room Numbers on Plan

BeaconHill

Hi there. I am working on a room finish schedule for a commercial layout and want to number the rooms and have the numbers referenced in the schedule. I can get a column "Number" to show in the schedule that has R01, R02 etc., but I cannot figure out how to get this to connect to show on the plan. Have tried a text macro, but can't find %room.number% as an option. Would also like to have them numbered 101, 102 for the first floor and 201, 202 etc. for the second floor instead of the R01 numbering system. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks,

Stephen

I use a Rich Text Box with macros for my room labels in plan view (credit to Alaskan Son for the %room.schedule_number% when I was pulling my hair out like you):

roomlabel.thumb.PNG.58762d04bc8b5ef24dfb60e8835d67aa.PNG

...then I create a Room Finish Schedule in a CAD Detail and modify as desired:

roomschedule.thumb.PNG.92a04c4a4a989ac4319b06e90c8e8446.PNG

I like this method because I can drag the schedule rows around and instantly rearrange the room order and it's automatically updated in the room labels.

Perfect! This was exactly what I was looking for. I was creating my room labels the same way as you, except I was missing the %room.schedule_number% macro.

I am also going to try using  %floor_number%  in the "schedule number prefix" instead of 0 to see if it will show the floor number.

Thanks!

Edited by BeaconHill
punctuation

1 hour ago, BeaconHill said:

I am also going to try using  %floor_number%  in the "schedule number prefix" instead of 0 to see if it will show the floor number.

You might prefer to do it this way and use the Room Label along with it's other features.

image.thumb.png.18024e7fddf19f93cb533d84ddb8bb24.png