Exterior fence is bi-sected by roof overhang of adjacent wall - creates multiple sections on fence with multiple posts

FT2design

Just a guess but if you have the deck DBX in the structure tab and a roof checked, then the deck fence will try to extend itself towards the roof wherever there is a roof overhang over the deck.  Uncheck the roof over the deck structural definition, if in fact that is causing the problem.

9 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

Just a guess but if you have the deck DBX in the structure tab and a roof checked, then the deck fence will try to extend itself towards the roof wherever there is a roof overhang over the deck.  Uncheck the roof over the deck structural definition, if in fact that is causing the problem.

Thanks Doug.  Nope..roof is not checked..

6 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

what version you are using

Version is in my sign off - Premier X12 - I'd be happy to load a file - I just have to figure out how to get it dumbed down to 25Mb!

In my case, not a deck - just a perimeter fence meeting the house. 

3 minutes ago, FT2design said:

Version is in my sign off - Premier X12 - I'd be happy to load a file - I just have to figure out how to get it dumbed down to 25Mb!

You can upload a zip file or upload to your cloud account and post the link.  Or just redraw that absolute basics and that may even answer the question for you as issues are quite often an interaction problem.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

upload a zip file

Thanks for that tip - however even my zip is too big.  To your point, I tried a fresh drawing that is not derived from my template plan and the issue does not present there.  Now I just have to figure out what is different.  I'm going on 12 hrs today so I think I'm done with this for now.  I'll circle back if I get time.