Framing Issue when using manual ceiling plane

TommyJ

I'm just recreating an existing house plan, which has scissor trusses, 5/12 roof, and 2/12 ceiling pitches. I've created manual roof and ceiling planes accordingly. In this room, I've unchecked the 'flat ceiling over this room' option.

When I build the framing, the top plates on one side of the room are 6 3/16" higher than the need to be. They extend up into the rafters. The other side is the proper 97 1/8" high. When I check the 'flat ceiling' box, the problem goes away. I've checked that all the rooms have the correct heights.

Any suggestions?

2.jpg

1.jpg

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

did you verify all your baseline heights are correct for the roof and ceiling planes?

The 'top of plate' on the roof plane is set to 103 5/16, what the framing is building to (only in the vaulted room). The strange thing is, if I pull the roof plane to go just over the vaulted area, the top of plate changes back to 97 1/8 (and the framing builds correctly). If I extend the roof plane even slightly into the flat ceiling side of the house, the top of plate changes back to 103 5/16. Checking the 'flat ceiling over this room' in the vaulted area has the same effect of correctly the top of plate measurement.

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Sorry but I am not sure what you are saying, the walls will always go to the roof plane, depending on the roof plane height, which is the plate height plus the rafter height going straight up

Here is how the roof plane specs change when I pull the roof back from the flat ceiling area. Why does the "Top of plate" change? Should the top of plate not just be determined by the room specs? (All are set to 97 1/8 ceiling height.)

b1.jpg

b2.jpg