Matching Camera View from 2 Different Plans into 1 Layout

kwhitt

I've got a layout and on page 1 I want to show a camera view of the existing backside of the house.  On page 2 I want to show a camera view of my proposed changes.  Both cameras are generated from separate .plan files.  There needs to be some stretching and resizing to get the view to fit the layout properly.  I cannot figure out how to have both camera views show at the same size and in the identical place, however on two different pages of my layout - a sorta before and after that aligns perfectly when flipping through the pages.  I prefer to use plot lines so that I can touch up, but is this making it impossible to do?  Thanks.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Thanks Eric.  I'm still working on it, but believe I must have used "save as" in the past for the camera view, so I'm going back to my originals and duplicating them, so I don't lose the color info.  Then I use the original camera views and as you suggest, change to vector among other settings.  Thanks again for the help!

2 hours ago, kwhitt said:

@solver

It works okay if I scale uniformly holding down the X key while pulling on a corner.  If I move anything out of scale it won't translate to the new view.  What a pain this has been!

This is easier than you think. Step 1..don't use a live view. Step 2, ctrl-c the camera from as-built then ctrl-alt-v in the new plan. Send both to layout. If you're gonna crop them in layout...crop them the same. Easy-peasy. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, robdyck said:

This is easier than you think. Step 1..don't use a live view. Step 2, ctrl-c the camera from as-built then ctrl-alt-v in the new plan. Send both to layout. If you're gonna crop them in layout...crop them the same. Easy-peasy. 

Thanks Rob.  Didn't realize you could copy/paste a camera view.