Plants/trees Not Showing In Section View.

ACADuser

You checked that that layer for plants was on but did you click the OK button?

Sounds weird I know but I have found that sometimes when in Layout even though the particular window box is layer is set to the correct layer set, I need to click the O.K. button after opening it in Layout in order for that layer set to sync up correctly.

Andy.

Alan,

What sort of trees did you use - images or 3D trees?

If you used images (pictures of trees) these will not send to layout with a vector view.

If you want trees to display in a vector view sent to layout, you need to use either 3D trees or the Image Cad Blocks...Plants in the Bonus Catalogs library (these are 2D cad drawings which will display in vector views).

Layer is ON, I check & rechecked it.

Trees:

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X6\Referenced Files\CorePlantFiles.zip#zip:Young -- Archontophoenix alexandrae(h232).png

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X6\Referenced Files\CorePlantFiles.zip#zip:Adult -- Cocos nucifera(h1152).png

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X6\Referenced Files\CorePlantFiles.zip#zip:Young -- Cocos nucifera(h706).PNG

Why does everyone want warnings for everything, its not rocket science.

But perhaps the ones not fit for use in a layout should be separated so the user doesn't have to analyze the choice.

One section for layouts & one section for Ray Trace.

Why should I have to stub my toe on every quirky thing.

Why does everyone want warnings for everything, its not rocket science

Ummm, kinda nice to know if "something" is about to happen

However, every warning should be a preference or default that can be turned off

for those who don't need/want them

Lew

Warning:

You are being silly.

Did you really mean to be silly?

If so, click OK to Continue being silly or Esc to abort.

Lew

Lew,  you find fault with everything CA does.  Glenn's response was so perfect,  we are not nitwits,  we cannot expect CA to compensate for our ignorance,  learn how the program works and most warnings will  not be necessary.

There is nothing wrong with making suggestions to CA to make improvements to make our job easier.  But let's use some common sense.  We cannot expect CA to make allowances for everything we may bungle.

This warning message is akin to McDonald's having to put a warning message on their coffee cups,  "The coffee in this cup may be hot,  please be careful",  or the warning message on a lawn mower,  "Do not put hands under mower when mower blades are spinning" or "Do not drive this car over a cliff,  you may crash and burn".

I wonder if back in WWII there was a message on each and every grenade,  "Please throw grenade within 10 seconds of pulling pin,  if you don't,  the grenade will explode and blow your hand off".

Those knuckleheads at CA have enough &*^%$^ to fix without having to program inane alert messages. 

I sure wish CA would make elevations auto update.........  and FIX THE STAIRS........  but before you do,  will you please get me another cup of coffee,  thanks  CA.

Well, my wife warns me when I'm about to screw up so I guess I've come to expect them. :P

Your wife and mine come from the same bolt of cloth.  I can't empty the dishwasher without Lynn coming over and saying,  "honey,  let me empty the dishwasher,  I don't want you breaking a glass and cutting your fingers".

ok, warnings can range from 0% to 100% (ala Glenn)

I don't think there should be 0 or 100

so now we are discussing how many - X

obviously X will vary from user to user

my only point was they can be "handy"

especially when the consequences can have an "impact"

each and every warning should be controllable via preferences/defaults

Lew

Your wife and mine come from the same bolt of cloth.  I can't empty the dishwasher without Lynn coming over and saying,  "honey,  let me empty the dishwasher,  I don't want you breaking a glass and cutting your fingers".

Yep, I can't even go to the bathroom alone anymore, she wants to make sure I don't miss. B)