Teigha Error. X6 For Mac Doesn't Import 3D Drawings

simonas

When I try to import 3d symbols I get an error message on my mac:

"Teigha Error: Teigha Library Error: 62 - Unknown error."

/Users/autobuild/p4sync/dev/releases/16/chief/CAModel/OpenDWG/DWGDirectException.cpp(92): Error #272032414

"Teigha Error: Teigha Library Error: 62 - Unknown error."

12/03/2014 09:35:41 AM

Build: 16.4.1.20OSX

This is Support Center reply:

The information we've gotten from our developers on this indicates that the issue is ultimately with called the Open Design Alliance, who wrote the Teigha code which handles the DWG import process. The bug, so far as I know, as been fixed on their side, however since there aren't going to be any further updates to X6, this will not likely be resolved until X7 comes out. While we don't have an exact public release date for X7, typically we aim new releases early in the new year. Your SSA is good through June, which covers the free upgrade from X6 to X7, so I'd suggest waiting for X7 before relying on these working properly.

I couldn't find a topic about this error in this forum.

Does anyone having same issue?

The have already started beta testing X7. You might want to sign up for the beta to see if the problem is really fixed.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/2833-x7-beta-testers-wanted/

Also, you could try converting the DWG file to another format or even just an older format to see if that works. Generally, I don't use DWG for symbols because it only holds geometry without any materials. 3DS or SKP usually works better.