Multiple Window Schedules

HHHomes

Question:  Is it possible to have 2 different window schedules and only show the label from schedule #1 on the window AND also show that WXX number from schedule #1 on the 2nd schedule so that they NEVER get out of sync?  Rather than each schedule having it's own WXX number that sometimes gets out of sync.  

1st schedule on framing plan - limited info

2nd schedule on style/schedule sheet - full info (divided lites, 3D) etc.  

To be more concise - I need 2 different window schedules with varying amounts of info which will be on two different layout sheets, but...I need 1 common window label number on the window itself (in elevations and plan view) and in the schedules so it's all unified.  

That is definitely possible but there is the potential for them to get out of sync.  You could leave both callouts turned on until the end to be able to quickly confirm they are the same and then just turn one off before printing.

Perhaps you could use a custom object field like 'window-ID' (in the Window Specification) and bring that up in both schedules to keep the windows locked with one common identifier in both schedules.(that's, if I understand you correctly).

Yes, it's easy if you use callouts for the labels:

Create schedule #1.

Duplicate schedule #1.

Open schedule #2 and uncheck Labels>Use Callout for Label.

This will give you two schedules, only one label (in both plan and elevation), perfectly in sync.

768901713_windowschedules.thumb.PNG.e0a5b8211e323b144499d358c5bf86e5.PNG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rlackore said:

Yes, it's easy if you use callouts for the labels:

Create schedule #1.

Duplicate schedule #1.

This will give you two schedules, only one label (in both plan and elevation), perfectly in sync.

768901713_windowschedules.thumb.PNG.e0a5b8211e323b144499d358c5bf86e5.PNG

Unless a window gets added or deleted, or moved in one schedule.  Then it will be out of sync.

13 hours ago, HHHomes said:

Question:  Is it possible to have 2 different window schedules and only show the label from schedule #1 on the window AND also show that WXX number from schedule #1 on the 2nd schedule so that they NEVER get out of sync?  Rather than each schedule having it's own WXX number that sometimes gets out of sync.  

1st schedule on framing plan - limited info

2nd schedule on style/schedule sheet - full info (divided lites, 3D) etc.  

Best way I could see it would be to wait till the end of the con docs and then copy the schedule and change as is written here:

1 hour ago, rlackore said:

then add and delete the information you want shown on the second schedule and send to layout.

Best way was already given here:

11 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

There's a way to do it with just one Schedule and some tricky placement(s) in the Layout.  I'll let you ponder that concept.

Although not real tricky if you're down with copy/paste in place

The more pared down schedule is on the framing plane - single line height in the table and has 8 characteristics listed (columns) - I do this so I can add that schedule to the Arch D framing sheet and it still fit with most houses.  The second schedule has a 3D image column and 3 more columns (arches, divided lites, panels), thus the line height in the table us MUCH more.  Due to this, I don't think the "trick placement" method works.  I like @stephenbc recommendation of applying a constant identifier to each window and referencing it on both schedules, that's what I'm wanting to do, but is there any way to have that done automatically and increment up?  W01, W02, etc.  or would it have to be manual?  

2 hours ago, HHHomes said:

The more pared down schedule is on the framing plane - single line height in the table and has 8 characteristics listed (columns) - I do this so I can add that schedule to the Arch D framing sheet and it still fit with most houses.  The second schedule has a 3D image column and 3 more columns (arches, divided lites, panels), thus the line height in the table us MUCH more.  Due to this, I don't think the "trick placement" method works.  I like @stephenbc recommendation of applying a constant identifier to each window and referencing it on both schedules, that's what I'm wanting to do, but is there any way to have that done automatically and increment up?  W01, W02, etc.  or would it have to be manual?  

Use the object information panel to group the info you want into less columns. Then you won't have the wasted paper issue that you get with Chief's schedule format. 1 schedule and a bit of copying and cropping in layout.

@robdyck - can you expound on this a bit?  I'm not quite following.  

(UPDATE: I now understand what you are saying about grouping information) - BUT - is there a way to make a "schedule" type table without it auto assigning a schedule number so it won't automatically pick up in my label?