Crown molding not showing on soffits

DH7777

Hello, I am not sure why this is happening. I placed soffits in three different spots which divide a large area into three areas. When I added crown this is what happened. I have tried invisible walls to force the room definitions (I have never had to do this before in the past when I placed a soffit CA knew to put the crown on the soffit) But still, the invisible wall idea did nothing. Also, if you notice the half walls behind the sink the invisible wall destroys that idea (it overrides the half wall) attached are two images of my issue.

crown.jpg

crown2.jpg

7 minutes ago, ericepv said:

Instead of using a soffit, put an interior wall and in its place(you'll have to create a 12" wall) and then create the opening by placing a doorway.

Okay... and then remove jamb and casing if I want it drywall corners and edges?

4 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

Okay it worked but see the attachment, please

half wall.jpg

Looks like you'll have to pick a different method as 2 walls can't occupy the same space. I'd suggest using a "Partition" for the back of the cabinet.

Just now, robdyck said:

@DH7777

Darren, you simply needed to add the crown molding to the soffit. AFAIK, a soffit will not automatically pick up room moldings.

2275robbed.plan

Hmmm. It has for me in many situations in the past. As a matter of fact, it did automatically put the crown in one area on the soffit without my doing. CA seems to have a mind of its own. Anyway, If I use the partition wall will it allow me to add base molding? (not manually with 3d polyline hopefully:)

1 minute ago, DH7777 said:

If I use the partition wall will it allow me to add base molding?

A cabinet partition. It allows moldings. I did notice that there were at least 2 soffits occupying the same space...maybe that's what kept the molding from generating.

Just now, robdyck said:

A cabinet partition. It allows moldings. I did notice that there were at least 2 soffits occupying the same space...maybe that's what kept the molding from generating.

yep, I noticed that too earlier so I deleted one. helped a little

@DH7777

the molding weren't generating because your soffit is running through and past walls. Use separate soffits that cleanly butt up to the drywall.

I was wrong about the auto-molding pickup on soffits. You can tell I don't use them often! Here's an image showing the soffits, all separate, all butting up to drywall.

image.thumb.png.950a2d2c79fd47fec3f55343f4d2ac5a.png

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

As I am doing the partition wall it does the same thing as if I use a half wall. It removes the portion of the wall that I am using with my door opening to create the soffit look. It is like CA is refusing to allow me to put any version of a half-wall directly in line with, in a doorway, or under soffit to create this look. I had it perfect earlier only using soffits, but two soffits had crown only on one side. Then I started messing with it and now it is all screwed up I guess. 

6 minutes ago, robdyck said:

@DH7777

the molding weren't generating because your soffit is running through and past walls. Use separate soffits that cleanly butt up to the drywall.

I was wrong about the auto-molding pickup on soffits. You can tell I don't use them often! Here's an image showing the soffits, all separate, all butting up to drywall.

image.thumb.png.950a2d2c79fd47fec3f55343f4d2ac5a.png

Perfect. This I what I'm trying to do but I did not use soffits I used doorways with no casing or jamb. The first time I used soffits. I will remove it all and redo the soffits. 

@DH7777 - 

Well...I'd use walls and avoid using the soffit tool at all cost. It does not frame for one thing.

I'd create a new 12" thick wall type and use a doorway with no jamb or casing and size it to the opening you want. I'd also create a solid railing wall type with no room definition for the half wall under the bar top. 

I've attached your plan with my edits so you can see what I've done.

Also...the room with the tray ceiling. You can create that ceiling in a couple clicks using the tray ceiling tool...and you don't need any walls. I've done it in the attached plan.

2275 - Steve Edits.plan

2021-03-22_18-14-50.thumb.png.412cd17b9528747d108910cf118615bc.png2021-03-22_18-14-33.thumb.png.ff7a18c95a0346ddc09a75e8e888fd86.png