Enclose upper part of stairway with wall

GeneDavis

The search tool here does not help me find threads dealing with this.  I have a wall next to a stairway from basement to floor 1, and a return wall under where we get enough headroom for doing something under, in our case a fridge for the lounge room wet bar.

How does one get a triangle-shaped wall up there to close off the stairway side?  I don't want to have to edit-shape a wall, or do a p'solid.  I'm hoping to learn something new and useful.

2021-03-21 15_58_53-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

How does one get a triangle-shaped wall up there to close off the stairway 

Here’s what I do...

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

I don't want to have to edit-shape a wall, or do a p'solid.  I'm hoping to learn something new and useful.

...oh, never mind then.

• Upvote 2

Only really three ways to make chief do it that I know.  As Michael alludes to reshaping that wall manually, in some cases placing a ceiling plane under the staircase and checking roof cuts wall at bottom in the wall dbx roof tab, or placing a shaped doorway there that follows the shape of the stairs.  Will really depend upon the rest of the plan around it.

You cannot make the vertical (wall) face of the p'solid one color, and the sloped underside (ceiling) face another, so it does not do the job needed.

Chief has code written to diddle walls at roof intersects, and to track stairs to handle railings (follow stairs).

I'll write up a suggestion.

5 hours ago, solver said:

Once the p-solid is in place, convert to a solid, explode, color faces as you want.

Or...use two solids. One for the wall...and another for the sloped ceiling. Takes 3 min. If that...

I doubt Chief is going to give us the tool you are asking for...when they've already given us tools to get around not having a tool that just does it all for us. That said...as you all know...I want the stair tool completely re-worked so that we have complete control over 90% of every component in a stair. I know...dream on. :unsure: