Foundation

winterdd

I find it is easier to click just outside the exterior of the house and go to the edit toolbar and make a molding polyline for the exterior. I have a molding I made and put in my library of the cross section of the sloped brick sill I use. Apply it to the molding line and it works well for me. Adjust the offset in the molding panel until you get it where you want it vertically. Applying the brick material to it usually works OK.

• Upvote 1

You will have to "fiddle" with some breaks in the molding line in plan view to remove any area you don't want the sill; like porches. Break the line, click on the section you don't want the sill on, and in the far right of the edit toolbar will be a molding shape with an "X" thru it. Click that button and it will remove the molding on that section.

• Upvote 1

Another way of doing it and it is limited to only two pony walls at this time is to use a brick 6 pony wall to 1.5" high and then siding 6 above it (for example) with a molding applied at the wall.  For other situations where you need another pony wall there you will have to use Mike's suggestion.

The key to it lining up though is yoru wall definition.  Build the walls JUST like they would IRL in order for them to line up.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rgardner said:

Another way of doing it and it is limited to only two pony walls at this time is to use a brick 6 pony wall to 1.5" high and then siding 6 above it (for example) with a molding applied at the wall.  For other situations where you need another pony wall there you will have to use Mike's suggestion.

The key to it lining up though is yoru wall definition.  Build the walls JUST like they would IRL in order for them to line up.

very true!! this worked.