Creating Tile Pattern with Screen Capture

stager386

I love the screen capture feature of CA.  I often import specific items that clients want to see.  I am stumped on how to make tile patterns come out proportionately.  I've watched all the videos including this one: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10145/  When I see the instructor select a portion of the pattern to create the repeat, I can't seem to do the same when I am capturing this image of 12x24 tiles in an offset layout.  I am not clear on how much and where to grab.  This is odd because I design fabric and wallpaper, taking my art and using photoshop to create a repeating pattern.  What am I missing?  And what information is vital when doing this, in the material definition screen? Is pattern type needed? If a single tile is 12x24 but I have captured a bigger chunk, what do I put for X and Y scale, offset and angle?  Thanks for any help you have!

pattern.png

tile repeat.jpg

I've found it takes a lot of trial and error to get everything just right using the 'Scale' and 'Offset and Angle' tools in the 'Texture' tab. For the marble tile you are showing, have you tried Substance Player? I've used it a few times for tile and wood patterns, works great!