CA X13 Availability.

antoine

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 6:23 AM, antoine said:

when will CA X13 be Available?

At the 1:17:55 minute mark of the latest video, "Stair Detail & Cross-sections For Headroom", Scott Harris mentions that X13 will come out end of June.

Here's the video...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10246/stair-details-cross-sections-for-headroom.html

Antoine:

for the record there was never a guarantee of a yearly release

SSA is yearly for tech support and updates - not upgrades

the concept is to enjoy SSA yearly and benefit in "free" upgrades when they do arrive

Lew

SSA is worth it to me simply for the ability to share 3D models, if I never got an upgrade. And really, for myself upgrades are fun but they also require work, and sometimes a change in how I do things, which diminishes the benefits slightly. Especially if the new features don't fit or improve my process. Sometimes I'd rather plug along with what I know rather than read all the update notes, migrate all my stuff, and learn the new ropes. I do, and feel it's a net gain, but it doesn't come free of cost ... in more ways than just dollars.

I'm a small design/builder, and sharing 3D models really sets me apart around here.

so yes Lew I stand corrected, sorry.

the SSA is one thing and the upgrade is another which has been in previous years running one with the other since CA7

and it is my mistake that I placed them both together.

but it would make more sense that they ran closer together.

anyway. thanks for the correction mate, you did that to keep me mentality active in my retirement years 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

SSA is worth it to me simply for the ability to share 3D models, if I never got an upgrade. And really, for myself upgrades are fun but they also require work, and sometimes a change in how I do things, which diminishes the benefits slightly. Especially if the new features don't fit or improve my process. Sometimes I'd rather plug along with what I know rather than read all the update notes, migrate all my stuff, and learn the new ropes. I do, and feel it's a net gain, but it doesn't come free of cost ... in more ways than just dollars.

I'm a small design/builder, and sharing 3D models really sets me apart around here.

I'm with you there on the S&M aspect of having the pain with the pleasue (and to be clear, I'm not into S&M!). Many times, I just wished that they would just do periodic patch upgrades as they are developed. It's a major Biache to update previous version files, which I think should be handled by Chief providing  some coding that allows you to hit a button to keep the original drawing file and create an upgrade file that is usable with the new version. Seems a shame to not be able to always access an older project.

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2021 at 3:23 AM, antoine said:

when will CA X13 be Available?. 

Hello everyone,

Just talked with CA and it looks like release for X-13 may happen before the end of June 2021. (Please NOTE: Dates given can change at any time so this was today that I talked with CA) Unless they find something wrong with the beta. Public Beta should happen about a month before release.

Hopes that this info will help you look forward to release.

Dominic