decorators3

Hi 

Attached is an image showing my concept on the left and actual house on the right with 2nd floor bay window circled   I have been at this for a over a day and a half.  Here's my issue

I tried the build  "bay window"  install but couldn't get the roof to look as it is in the picture.  I then tried manually building the bay windows and still cant get the roof line like in the photo.  I've read the manual and watched videos  but the returns do not look  at all like in the photo sometimes the boxed return just look lot a lot of fascia   I even tried the roof dormer  ( but of course it did not work no roof to install it in . )  I used the wall specification to ensure the wall is a gable wall..

When I actually do generate a reasonable facsimile ( not a good looking one) and go to change- update or delete a component then my full roof return disappears

Any help would be appreciated.  

for ca talk.jpg

9 hours ago, decorators3 said:

Hi 

Attached is an image showing my concept on the left and actual house on the right with 2nd floor bay window circled   I have been at this for a over a day and a half.  Here's my issue

I tried the build  "bay window"  install but couldn't get the roof to look as it is in the picture.  I then tried manually building the bay windows and still cant get the roof line like in the photo.  I've read the manual and watched videos  but the returns do not look  at all like in the photo sometimes the boxed return just look lot a lot of fascia   I even tried the roof dormer  ( but of course it did not work no roof to install it in . )  I used the wall specification to ensure the wall is a gable wall..

When I actually do generate a reasonable facsimile ( not a good looking one) and go to change- update or delete a component then my full roof return disappears

Any help would be appreciated.  

for ca talk.jpg

post the plan and someone will take a look.

17 hours ago, decorators3 said:

here is the plan.. 2nd sharpe house.plan

i attached a plan that has what you want but i'm not sure you can open it since it was done in X12. there were a few things that i did: realigned the upstairs wall on the right with the downstairs wall, eliminated the wall on the backside (inside of the bay window), eliminated the bay window wall to the right and then redrew the far right wall at an angle which allowed the corner to build correctly, moved the porch roof up to second floor and worked it around the bay window (it was cutting into that space), turned off the auto roof return on second floor and redrew it manually, manually drew in roof returns on front of dormer, manually drew in attic walls above bay window, pulled up bay window walls a couple inches to close gap with attic walls above bay window. Maybe this will help.

296087595_2ndsharpehouse.plan

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.59.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.45.37 PM.png

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, StephenGreene said:

i attached a plan that has what you want but i'm not sure you can open it since it was done in X12. there were a few things that i did: realigned the upstairs wall on the right with the downstairs wall, eliminated the wall on the backside (inside of the bay window), eliminated the bay window wall to the right and then redrew the far right wall at an angle which allowed the corner to build correctly, moved the porch roof up to second floor and worked it around the bay window (it was cutting into that space), turned off the auto roof return on second floor and redrew it manually, manually drew in roof returns on front of dormer, manually drew in attic walls above bay window, pulled up bay window walls a couple inches to close gap with attic walls above bay window. Maybe this will help.

296087595_2ndsharpehouse.plan

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.59.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.45.37 PM.png

cant open but will save