Chief Slab Foundation

Designer1

I was talking to someone about moving over to chief from autocad.  I showed them some section views, exteriors etc.  They asked why chiefs slab foundations arent just shown as flat versus all the additional lines.  I told him the program is 3d etc etc.  Does anyone know if someone like him wanted a flatter simpler look for slab is there a way to do that using the auto foundation builder?  I mentioned you could delete your slab and draw it by cad lines but wanted to know about the auto build slab menu.

Thanks in advance!

Slab.png

Just looks like either user error or deliberate user input.  Try using the Auto Detail tool and/or a backslipped cross section and you just might get a more clear story of what's going on.  Either way, there's no reason the slab has to be stepped or contain extra lines.  It's almost certainly just because of some peculiarities of your particular plan and its settings.  

Thank you both for the replies.  Good to know.  I dont use chief for this type of thing so I didnt have any real knowledge about this part of chief. 

Also another question dealing with auto build framing..... Is there a lot of adjusting needed when using that tool?  If you input the kind of framing your looking for does it accomplish it pretty accurately?

Ive been recommending Chief to a lot of people in the industry but often I get questions about these types of things... foundations, framing etc and thats not primarily what I use chief for so I cant give my experience and opinions on it. 

Knowing how to set the model up and use the available tools will go a long way to making the framing correct. Many (well, most) of the files sent to me with framing issues are because the user didn't/hasn't taken the time to know the tools and how they work, or hasn't set up any default settings and just expects Chief to know what they are thinking. Between the bearing line, joist direction line, and framing reference tool, it can be really close without any manual manipulation.

Joey, yeah this makes total sense with all tools in chief. I just wanted to ask other chiefers about their experience with these tools because I have been getting a lot of questions from non users about framing, foundations etc and I havent used those tools much if ever.  Good to know though, that the program is pretty accurate if used correctly with the user know how.