Balcony Finishes

builtright3

I'm building a balcony off my cabin in Big Bear, CA and not familiar with deck coatings that can handle the snow. Tried to search the library in Chief but had no luck.
I got a recommendation to possibly use a material called "Tufflex".

https://www.tufflexpolymers.com/

Two questions:
Is there something in the library that I can use in the plan?
Does anyone have any other recommendations for other materials or is Tufflex and good product to use?

In my experience, and I have one client that does a ton of these, we build the balcony (deck) and use Trex from the library. We handle the "details" with CAD details.

The biggest problem with..."but I want to model it the correct way"...are the slope cut joists and the drainage (guttering) systems. 

4 hours ago, builtright3 said:

I'm building a balcony off my cabin in Big Bear, CA and not familiar with deck coatings that can handle the snow. Tried to search the library in Chief but had no luck.
I got a recommendation to possibly use a material called "Tufflex".

https://www.tufflexpolymers.com/

Two questions:
Is there something in the library that I can use in the plan?
Does anyone have any other recommendations for other materials or is Tufflex and good product to use?

For a material representation, I'd type 'Stucco' into the search bar and scroll until I saw a color / texture I like. Select it, then simply rename the material once it's in use.

Like any product, the sell sheet says it's perfect for that application! In Canada, a lot of decks are covered with sheet vinyl decking. Not a huge difference once installed. The quality and performance of the product will no doubt depend on the slope of the deck (drainage is the first line of  defense) as well as the attention to flashing details at junctions, edges, and penetrations. Waterproof decks rarely fail in the middle!