POOL HOUSE FOUNDATION/WALLS

sunrisehomestead

Hey Guys-

This is a tricky one for me to wrap my head around being somewhat new to chief architect. 

I'm designing a pool house. It is an elongated rectangle with a gable roof. The back half is a bathroom, totally enclosed. The front half is an open area with sink and outdoor showers. 

There is an existing pool/staircase that the foundation of the pool house will tie into. I want a slab throughout the floor in both exterior and interior spaces and a stem wall along the back that puts the walls/siding  6-8" above grade on the existing top step of the stairs.

I've somehow got this far in the design but now that I am going to build walls I am stumped. When I trace the outline and build walls the concrete stem wall gets completely covered up by siding, etc. 

How can I leave the stem wall exposed and the wall/siding start from stem wall upwards?

Also being that the building isn't a full 4 sides I can imagine when I go to build the gable roof that flys out over the open areas as well will be tricky. 

Attaching a sketch of the proposed build as well as some screenshots of where I'm at.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Nick

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 5.35.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 5.44.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 5.44.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 5.46.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 5.48.57 PM.png

poolhouse.jpg

IMG_8591.HEIC

Just guessing here but I would probably go at that with pony walls, railing walls, and porch rooms

For this method you would need to delete the concrete walls you have now and start over

Lots of ways to do it, should be fairly simple this took about 5 mins

1319291648_ScreenShot2021-03-11at10_17_24AM.thumb.png.7607518144123f69bfb37c71a10b48ff.png