Fascia defaults

DzinEye

3 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Anyone know why are there both a Material Defaults for Fascia  AND a Roof Defaults for Fascia ??

I don't know; this has been one of my continuing struggles with CA - too many places to set defaults. Which one actually controls globally, and why? I haven't managed to find the answer, but it appears the Material Defaults control.  I don't even know why we have a "Materials Default" when the defaults can be set elsewhere, which is the way I believe they should be. Set the roof default materials in the roof materials panel and they should "stick," regardless of what the Materials Defaults say. My 2 cents.

6 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Anyone know why are there both a Material Defaults for Fascia  AND a Roof Defaults for Fascia ??

Mark - I'm thinking whatever you determine to be the Fascia default material shows up in your Roof Defaults materials list as "default material". You can change the material in the roof default area...but, it's not going to be your "default" material. Hope that makes sense.

Bottom line...the material spec'd in "Materials" Fascia...is your default material. :huh: 

2021-03-09_19-33-16.thumb.png.8caee378595e5dae44b3594ea6dedf13.png

20 hours ago, SNestor said:

Bottom line...the material spec'd in "Materials" Fascia...is your default material. :huh: 

Thanks Steve.  Yep...I get it now.  Well, I get how it is set up, but I don't get why they set it up that way.  Kinda wonky if you ask me. Perhaps they have a good reason...but it's sure not readily apparent.  Wonder if it might have something to do with making style pallets work

I am away from my computer and I don’t rightly remember/know all the reasoning or nuances but just off the top, this behavior gives us a way to set a “base level“ default and still allows for us to set another sort of temporary active default to control only newly drawn roof planes. 

• Upvote 1