Cross Section Title Text

stevenyhof

I label my views within the Plan (Project Browser Name) and don't use the "Layout Box Label".

I actually have a Library Object (Block of Rich Text and a Graphic Scale) that I place in every Plan View:

• Floor Plans
  • Elevations
  • Sections
  • CAD Details
  • etc.

That way I can easily locate the Title any place I want and simply by changing the name in the Project Browser I automatically change the name of the view.  It's all controlled by standard Chief macros.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, joey_martin said:

That looks like the label. Check the layer controlling the label and adjust the text there.

Thank you! I need them only for my sections and would like a specific font when I place the section in the layout.

4 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

That way I can easily locate the Title any place I want and simply by changing the name in the Project Browser I automatically change the name of the view.  It's all controlled by standard Chief macros.

Thank you! I'm already doing this for my elevations because those are preset.

7 hours ago, Kiwideziner said:

Just select any text and maually change its size, font, colour or whatever

+

5 hours ago, Rpadge said:

I label wall sections and details in Layout often times.

Automation is the key. I continue to remove these steps to speed up and create congruency from drawing to drawing.

4 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I actually have a Library Object (Block of Rich Text and a Graphic Scale) that I place in every Plan View:

I was wondering if there was a way to block the text - would you care to share the code? And where do I place so it is suppressed before I send to layout?

I did this long ago, but it does not effect sending to layout.

Thank you

image.thumb.png.b5ab5c6a964646e9abeb0cd17906fba1.png