Can Not Select An Object

grizzdj

I have a sink I pulled from the library and placed on top a cabinet and now I can not select it to move or delete it. I have never had this problem.  Everything else I can select move delete etc. like normal.  I checked the layer and I do not see that it is locked but maybe I am missing something?  Is there a backdoor or list where I can go in and delete it?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks  Dan

Thanks for the quick response.  That worked for the other sink on the cabinet but not this ghost sink that I can not touch/select.  I moved the cabinet out of the way also and the sink just hangs there in space.  You can see it in 3D but no where can I select it.

Thank you everyone for your help.  So for whatever reason the sink was identifying with a cabinet behind it.  I think it was originally placed on that cabinet and moved to the one where it is showing in plan.  When I tried the select cabinet and then tab on the cabinet without a sink the sink I have been having troubles with was suddenly selected.  Solved.

• 2 years later...

I have had this problem for a long time, same situation with a ghost sink off to the side of my floor plan thinking I could just store it there until I tried different sinks and then went back to remove it and was unable to select it to do anything such as moving, placing or removing.  Thank you Joey for that quick solution...:).  Its finally gone, it has been a thorn in my side for a long time.

This is always a problem if you place a sink or cooktop into one cabinet and then try to drag it to another cabinet.  Chief won't transfer the ownership from one cabinet to another (must be some weird rule about license transfers not being allowed or something :))

One way to avoid this problem is to just always place the sink in your plan as a free standing sink.  Now you can drag it on top of any cabinet you want and it won't be "owned" by any of them but it will usually work with them just fine.  The only real difference I know is that it won't automatically make your drawer box a false front.