Help with sloping garage floor

BeeoHat

Go to solution Solved by Gawdzira,

The floor of the attached garage on my house slopes slightly away toward the driveway (roughly, 10 inches over 20 feet). I've been unable to find any tool/adjustment that allows me to accomplish this.

I know that the terrain tools allow for sloping on the surrounding terrain, but not the inside of the house/garage.

Is there any way I can model this sloped garage floor in my plan?

The floor of the attached garage on my house slopes slightly away toward the driveway (roughly, 10 inches over 20 feet)...

That does not sound like it would qualify as "slopes slightly" to me.  That would be the single most extreme garage slab slope I have ever seen.  Did you perhaps type those number incorrectly??

• 8 months later...

I would use a polyline solid ,but instead of drawing the polyline solid in plan view I would draw it in an elevation view spanning the distance , when you draw a polyline solid in an elevation view you can shape it in the elevation and  then you can set the thickness , 

check knowledge base  polyline being drawn in an elevation 

• Upvote 1

I would use a polyline solid ,but instead of drawing the polyline solid in plan view I would draw it in an elevation view spanning the distance , when you draw a polyline solid in an elevation view you can shape it in the elevation and  then you can set the thickness , 

check knowledge base  polyline being drawn in an elevation

Suppose the garage is "L" shaped?

I use the terrain tool & elevation data in a separate plan. Multi-shaped garages, different slopes, floor drains in the middle of the garage......no problem.

My original patio was created as a terrain feature. I don't understand what you mean here, how would I do it in a separate plan?

• Upvote 1

I didn't believe you Tommy but decided to try it anyway.  Sure enough, if I draw a SOLID in plan, tilt it in an elevation & then come back to plan, I can edit the 2D shape to pretty much anything. I get a pretty squirrelly selection box in plan, but.........

Good one!

I didn't believe you Tommy but decided to try it anyway.  Sure enough, if I draw a SOLID in plan, tilt it in an elevation & then come back to plan, I can edit the 2D shape to pretty much anything. I get a pretty squirrelly selection box in plan, but.........

Good one!

I am so confused with this.  Is this a solid or a PSOLID?

Scott,

The full name of what I used is the "Polyline Solid". I don't know any other kind of ".solid"- other than the other geometric shapes in the drop-down.

I usually draw slabs in plan, polyline solids in elevation.

I'm probably confused. It is Monday, after all.

post-120-0-87569400-1416256074_thumb.jpg

Scott,

The full name of what I used is the "Polyline Solid". I don't know any other kind of ".solid"- other than the other geometric shapes in the drop-down.

I usually draw slabs in plan, polyline solids in elevation.

I'm probably confused. It is Monday, after all.

That is what I thought.  When I first read TB's response,  I did not think it was possible.  So I went in office,  drew a profile in elevation,  gave it a 48" depth,  went to plan and tried to break an edge to reconfigure for an "L" shaped garage  plan,  and I could not break an edge in PLAN.

Would you mind posting a small plan of this working?  For some reason,  I cannot break the edge of a PSOLID in plan view,  created/ drawn in elevation.

And to confirm,  I right click on an edge in plan view,  the contextual menu shows up,  and the break tool IS NOT AVAILABLE.  So I don't think it is possible to break the edge of a PSOLID drawn in elevation.

But you guys say it is possible.....  another example of my "P" size brain  (no reference to the Real P. Man)  not working.