External walls with different materials meeting at corners

Jackstacey

I'm having issues getting two joining external walls to have different materials and meet on the external corner ( pebble dash and brick) . I've checked my intersections and their mitered correctly and if i select ' through end/start' in structural for the wall it just shifts the issue to the adjoining wall. Please help? 

Hi, I have tried  this the intersection tool the corners are all mitered correctly to the corner. If then use the Wall Spec dialog and select Structural then choose 

'Through wall at end' it just shifts the issue to the adjoining wall. There has to be an answer to this besides using a 'polyline solid' to layer over the issue.

Materials image.pdf

It's meant to have Peddledash on the large elevation and Brick on the rear elevation. I'm unable to get the materials to meet in the corner. 

I can simply use a polysolid, set the depth to 1mm and place it over the corner however this doesn't seem right I sure you should be able to 

get the material of choice to fully cover the external face of any given wall from corner to corner. 

Materials image.pdf

Pebbledash is similar to plaster or render on the external of a property, attached is the cross section showing the issue. 

I can solve this problem as I mentioned using a polysolid and setting depth to 1mm and using the eyedropper to match materials, however this seems very lengthily for what 

I believe should be a standard request "to get materials to end at the end of the wall."

In the attached picture, the ground floor shows the use of a polysolid and the 1st floor shows how where the software ends my material choice, I'm trying to get the peddledash (caramel colour on main elevation) to end on the corner so the bricks are not on show from this elevation. 

Material issue.pdf

7 minutes ago, Jackstacey said:

Yes!!!....good spot Eric. I feel abit silly not thinking of that, it has solved it problem straight away, many thanks.

I'm curious, can you explain how Eric's advice was different from what George showed you 7 posts prior?

Its no different at all both are correct, however as individuals we process information differently and the sentence 

"our "pebble dash" walls seem to be brick walls that you have painted with a pebble dash material." used by Eric made me understand what Eric and George

were both saying, and looking back at George's solution it is clear he resolved it also. I would say adding an additional 1mm also makes no difference to the

build it wouldn't be the 100% correct method, I simply and stupidly didn't change my wall to the correct one.

Thanks all, I'll be back with my next issue in due course

Absolutely not, this is an existing property and pebble-dash is an outdated 1970's solution to ex-council property here in the UK. Unfortunately if an extension is being

designed under permitted development, planning reg's require us to maintain existing materials and blend new with old.

12 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Are you actually putting that pebble dash right over the top of brick? 

3 minutes ago, Jackstacey said:

Absolutely not, this is an existing property and pebble-dash is an outdated 1970's solution to ex-council property here in the UK. Unfortunately if an extension is being

designed under permitted development, planning reg's require us to maintain existing materials and blend new with old. 

Okay.   Then I don't believe the solutions above are really what you should be doing.  You should really be setting your wall definitions to reflect the actual real world structure.  If you don't have brick on the side walls then that layer should be removed from your new wall definition.  Define your walls as they're actually being built...then, and only then (after your wall definitions are correct) should you start futzing around with fixing connections.