Suggested Mini Computer and TV for presentations

skoz44

I have a 15’ x 15’ conference room that I’d like to setup with a large TV I can display CA. The purpose is to use some rendering samples to WOW an initial prospect and to have existing clients come to my office for design reviews (no rendering, just floor plans). And of course for large Zoom meetings as well.

I imagine the system would only be used for these events and not for normal drafting. Can anybody recommend a micro computer or suggested specs for one? Due to the limited use, Im not sure if the high ram and video card are needed.

Any suggestions for other equipment and TV size would also be appreciated.

1 hour ago, skoz44 said:

I have a 15’ x 15’ conference room that I’d like to setup with a large TV I can display CA. The purpose is to use some rendering samples to WOW an initial prospect and to have existing clients come to my office for design reviews (no rendering, just floor plans). And of course for large Zoom meetings as well.

I imagine the system would only be used for these events and not for normal drafting. Can anybody recommend a micro computer or suggested specs for one? Due to the limited use, Im not sure if the high ram and video card are needed.

Any suggestions for other equipment and TV size would also be appreciated.

Just about any computer should work for this, connected via HDMI. The output is pretty grainy, like monitor resolution blown up, but you're usually sitting some distance from the TV so it's not bad

I do this in client's homes sometimes, using a basic HP laptop and a long HDMI cable, so long as they have a TV with an HDMI port and know how to change the input :o

And even with the basic CPU graphics of the laptop, I can do 3D views and navigate quickly and easily

If its a smart tv OR you use a Roku stick the laptop in you signature will work. Windows key + p will bring up the project dialog. Both need to be on same network and set tv to computer. I did this all the time with a 42" tv in the studio.

Well that's good to know. 

So you guys don't run into delays or slow movement when you show the project in 3D?  I assumed I was going to have to have something with high RAM like my desktop.

GPU and CPU matter more than ram. If Chief runs ok on laptop should be ok on tv though higher resolution will tax GPU. Easy enough to test and in house wireless is the way to go lMO.

If your desktop has wireless you canproject that to TV even from another room.

in 2008 I was thinking of using multiple monitors

instead I went with 38" tv and used it for daily working with Chief

and for client presentations

I had to sit about 8" back or I would fry my eyeballs

it worked great for using Chief

and when clients came - no more hovering over small PC screen

I was using VGA connection as PC didn't have HDMI 

it looked fine

HDMI is even better

I imagine a 4K tv would look great 

Lew