dimensions won't match default

Lighthouse

I'm working on a foundation plan with a lot of interior footings that I want to locate.  I used the manual dimension, point to point, to add the dimensions.  Then, I created a dimension default layer called "foundation defaults" that was set to 1/2" as the smallest fraction.  I chose "foundation defaults" as the active default in the foundation plan, but my dimensions still show small fractions, rather than rounding to 1/2" as they should in the default.  When  I select an individual dimension, I see that it is still using the "1/4" dimension defaults", rather than the "foundation defaults".  Is there a way to get all dimensions to change to the foundation default that I have created, or do I have to select each one manually to correct it?

thanks!

ok, so that is what I suspected, they can't be changed globally after the fact other than by group selecting?  I guess if I lock all the layers but those it will be quick-  or is there some method I can't remember of only selecting things on one layer without locking the other layers?