Quickest route to all 12' drywall?

GeneDavis

I want to revise my template plan, one with a lot of different walls in it using drywall, both 1/2" and 5/8", so that it is all counted in 4x12 sheets and not 4x8 sheets.

Sure wish there was a quick way, but I have not found it.  The drywall component seems buried in far too many elements, each of which has to be edited.

Why can't this be a default setting? Or is it?

@GeneDavis -

Joe gave you the answer...

What I'd probably do is make a copy of the material that is in the Chief library and rename it "Drywall, 54x144"...or something so that you know specifically you are using 12' length material. As you can see, Chief will send a count to the material list.

2021-03-03_17-12-35.thumb.png.7f142698683fa73b35c0994e212f3136.png

Yes create new materials for whatever boards you use

I use three types of drywall, 1/2"x48-12, 5/8"x48-12, and 1/2"x54-12 (for 9' walls)

I also created specific wall types that specify these different boards. For example, houses with 9' walls have exterior and interior walls with 54" drywall. Garage exterior walls have 48" drywall. Garage-to-house wall has 54" on house side and 48" on garage side (10' walls typically).

8' house walls, 48" drywall on exterior and interior walls, garage exterior 54", garage-to-house 48" on house side, 54" on garage side. 

House ceilings get 5/8", garage ceiling gets 1/2"