Automatic stair height problem

MJanelleQ

Putting in stairs in a new plan and everything looked great until I realized the stairs didn't meet the next floor height.  Room height is 11' (133") but stair height is 114". That's using the "best fit" tool.  When I went into the utilities, it showed the correct floor to floor height.  Can't figure out how to fix this.  Anyone else have this problem?  Couldn't find anything using search tool.

5 minutes ago, MJanelleQ said:

Putting in stairs in a new plan and everything looked great until I realized the stairs didn't meet the next floor height.  Room height is 11' (133") but stair height is 114". That's using the "best fit" tool.  When I went into the utilities, it showed the correct floor to floor height.  Can't figure out how to fix this.  Anyone else have this problem?  Couldn't find anything using search tool.

Pretty please promptly post your plan!

All,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Family called me away just as I was posting.  Don't usually post as I can usually find what I am looking for but have been unable to find anything similar to my stair issue in the forum.  As you can see from the attached photos the stairs don't match the floor-to-floor height of the central room.  The central room is 11' with a balcony type mezzanine for the 2nd floor.  Only the center has a second floor and is open to below keeping the central part of the space open to the ceiling which is 23' from first floor.  I tried to add steps but they don't render correctly when I do.  I used the draw stairs tool since I had to go around the corner to get enough steps and leave enough space underneath to get to the master suite on the left.  Any suggestions on how to get the program to render correctly?

Thank you for your time,

Janelle

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.03.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.04.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 3.11.25 PM.png

Figured it out!  At some point the program lowered the ceiling height back to height of the rest of the house.  I initially increased the height of the the central part before adding the second floor.  When I added the second floor and made the stairwell, it reset the height so the stairs only went as high as the rest of the house but the floor height on the second floor didn't lower, thus the gap.  So I fixed it by increasing the height after adding the second story above the central point.  Now the stairs are correct.  Can't believe I didn't catch it.... :\