Sign in to follow this  
John_Charles

IS IT POSSIBLE TO RELOCATE INTERNAL WALL ELEVATION CALL OUTS TO OUTSIDE OF THE ROOM?

Hi everyone

I searched through the forum without luck so have a question.

I'm doing some wall elevations for showers and bathrooms and because of both the size of the call outs and the info they contain, my drawing plan is getting too cluttered.

Is it possible to either relocate the call out to outside of the room (but still in line with it's plane of view) without it affecting what it is looking at or create a copy that sits outside and I can turn the actual one off?

Does any do or know how to do either of the above?

Thanks

Yes you can do it either way.  Create a matching manual callout or slide the callout over out of the way or create a double ended callout so the section is clearly distinguishable.

If it gets really messy I will sometimes just create an entire page of elevations and include a small scale reference key on the same page.  Lots of options with Chief.

4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes you can do it either way.  Create a matching manual callout or slide the callout over out of the way or create a double ended callout so the section is clearly distinguishable.

If it gets really messy I will sometimes just create an entire page of elevations and include a small scale reference key on the same page.  Lots of options with Chief.

Great! Can you show me how to stop it affecting the elevation?  I just dragged my wall elevation call out to outside of the room and completely lost all the elevation of the room to which it applies....

Sorry I did not realize you were using wall elevation cameras.  They will need to be kept inside the room you are referencing.  Maybe you just need to make them a little smaller ?

• Upvote 1

One way is to limit the plan display name to a code like KE-1 for Kitchen elevation 1.  Another is to create a cad Symbol and place it where you want to see it like a ABCD Diamond and then turn off the display of your cameras in plan file and jus reference the elevations on your layout as Elevation A, Elevation B, etc...

I've actually got around 40 elevations so far (so need the numbers and plan page) but even doing a separate plan with less detail showing isn't helping.  I think I'm going to try and make my own symbols on a layer that are not linked and turn the real ones off.  Means I have to create lot's of manual ones but that goes with the territory on this plan.....:)

How large is your text? Mine is set to 4 for 1/4" printing. I get them in the room without overwhelming everything else.

image.thumb.png.62f72875f2141805c5cf086a4e86590e.png