Chief Architect X12 won't load on new Windows Surface Pro X with Microsoft SQ1 Processor

Probuilder84

I have purchased a new Windows Surface Pro X for work and was hoping to load Chief on it so I am not locked to my main work laptop.  When I try to download X12 from the digital locker, it lets me download the file but stops me and says "This installation package is not supported by this processor type.  Contact your product vendor."

Has anybody experienced this and know a workaround?  I will contact Chief direct if needed, but figured I'd start here.

TIA

image.png

solver

I have read the info provided on the Chief website and there is no mention of this processor, hence my request here for some help.  The documentation seems to focus on Intel and AMD processors which is pretty typical of most programs nowadays.  I am under no grand illusion that this glorified tablet will work with the full version of the program.

This machine was not purchased specifically for running Chief, but would be a cool party trick if it would.

6 hours ago, Probuilder84 said:

I have read the info provided on the Chief website and there is no mention of this processor, hence my request here for some help. 

Your best source for this type of help is from Tech Support Monday-Friday, call them and see what they say please.

DJP

Both the Microsoft SQ1 and SQ2 processors are ARM processors.  Currently, ARM processors are not supported.  I am not aware of any workarounds that would allow you to install or run on this tablet.  I think you would have to get one of the Surface models that comes with either the i5 or i7 Intel chips to run any Chief Architect products.

More information about system requirements can be found here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/sysreq.html