Terrain/building intersection

ChiefRoland

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm not at liberty to upload the plan, but my elevation data if very simple (no crossing lines) and the terrain is up-to-date.

I didn't really understand Joey's reply or how to accomplish what he's suggesting.

Again, thank you.

P.S. I have a feeling that this is some configuration issue with the building itself, but I don't know what.

Yeah I read it smart Alec, but the terrain is not all the same elevation.  So I don't know if it means "above terrain average elevation" or "above terrain lowest point" or "above terrain highest point"

Have you read the help file?

It is all explained there.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 9:03 PM, joey_martin said:

Do you know what that value is relative to?

It is actually relative to elevation 0 from what I can tell. The label is misleading, it is only "subfloor height above terrain" if your subfloor elevation is at 0". i.e. if I set my subfloor to be at 36" (in the structure panel of the main floor), this parameter is then set to 0 (grade level), assuming 36" is 36" above grade at the point you are choosing as your reference point.

Room structure elevations are referenced to "Something". it does not have to be the main floor subfloor. it can be whatever you deem zero to be. in the case below I deem zero to be elevation of grade, main floor is 33" above.  I do this because that is how I think. i.e. I need 12" of basement wall to be above grade. And when I measure an as built, it is from grade, so I can see the elevations in the structure easily without having to do a storey pole on an elevation, or to do the math. I believe most do not do it this way, most put 0 as main floor subfloor, and adjust the storey pole ground elevation. of course on a sloped lot, this reference then has to be grade somewhere. For me, it is typically the front door

image.thumb.png.f2945abfe12e6fd5a898191d60057d76.png

On 2/26/2021 at 3:25 PM, ChiefRoland said:

Yeah I read it smart Alec, but the terrain is not all the same elevation.  So I don't know if it means "above terrain average elevation" or "above terrain lowest point" or "above terrain highest point"

it is the terrain object elevation, not contours. 

image.png