Dimensions

Rustyvan

I am a part time user. I am unable to  change the auto dimension defaults to locate to window and interior wall centres.  Looked at a few videos and seems like I am doing the described way but to no avail.  Manual dimension ... no problem.

Second issue.... What to change the fill color on the wall types.   Have done this many times but currently it will  not allow.   Watched instructional videos. Done the deed.... no result.  Is there something in my general defaults that is limiting this?

18 hours ago, Rustyvan said:

I am a part time user. I am unable to  change the auto dimension defaults to locate to window and interior wall centres.  Looked at a few videos and seems like I am doing the described way but to no avail.  Manual dimension ... no problem.

Second issue.... What to change the fill color on the wall types.   Have done this many times but currently it will  not allow.   Watched instructional videos. Done the deed.... no result.  Is there something in my general defaults that is limiting this?

See attached...basically, dbl click the "auto dimension" icon in your toolbar...this will open your "dimension defaults"...then edit the dimension default you are currently using...select the "locate objects" tab, then check the boxes in "openings" that you would like to use.

2021-02-27_09-01-13.thumb.png.83c8b69d1081e05aad3ddf5a4ed72638.png

Thanks for your help here. When I double click on the Auto D toggle, No menu comes up as you have shown.  It has only been lately that I can neither alter the locates for the dimensions and wall fill colors.  Is perhaps something I have alter accidentally in the settings?

When I go to thee dimension defaults, I can reset the locates on the manual dimensions but it will not open the auto dimension

Thank

Russ