Kootenai County Idaho

jgrimm

Hi,

I would like to hire someone willing to work with me in getting a home deisgn finished.  Building location is Hayden, ID.

I own HD pro 2014 and will purchase X6 as soon as needed.  I am an experienced 3D(Solidworks) user in the manufacturing industry but I am a novice in CA and home design in general.  Because of my work industry (tooling and manufacturing), I want to have the house completely desinged in 3D, down to the last outlet.

I have not been able to find someone local that uses CA.

I need someone who can:

Be willing to send me samples of your work.. regardless of design style.

Draft the house using my design and layout.

Work with me on incorporating changes I make to local copy.

Be willing to work with an interior design person.

Provide construction plans if possible.

Thanks

John Grimm (208) 651-4107

Have you considered U3D or better known as 3D pdf files?  They work great for many types of modeling information such as foundations and framing.  Not sure why you would need X6 in order to view and coordinate the design to your specifications though.

The free Chief viewer and the latest pdf reader will go a long way to meeting your needs.

None or your requests are at all unreasonable, in fact if the model is done correctly you are most of the way home on the CD's.

Your interior decorator would probably love working with the visuals Chief and other rendering apps can provide.

I use the latest version of TurboCAD Pro Platinum for my 3D solid modeling app because it works better than most other apps for integrating with Chief.

If you are interested, send me a personal message or just request that I give you a call as a reply to this thread.

If you want to have someone local to work with, I would suggest you call Mont Stephenson (someone at Chief could probably give you his number if you can't find it).  He lives in that area and used to work for Chief Architect as a trainer.  Mont retired awhile back and I don't know what his status is or whether or not he's even doing any design work.  He was a builder for about 30 years or so before going to work with Chief.  If he isn't interested, I would think he could point you to one or more designers in your area. 

I would love to help you but I have commitments into next year so wouldn't have time to assist you now if your need is immediate.  If working via the Internet with designers out of your area is OK, then definitely consider Walker's or Rod's offers for the services you need.  Good luck.