Mulled Doors - cannot get rid of projected casing/frame

renosud

Hi,

Does anybody know how to get rid of the projected door casing when door and window units are mulled? See photo. I cannot seem to get rid of the dividing casing or frame section even when mulled as a single unit. I must be missing something. I need it to look mulled in a single plane, with no projected casing from the individual units. Any ideas?

Many thanks

CHIEF_ MULLED_CASINGS ON VIEW.png

MULLED_DOORS_V1.plan

EXAMPLE DOORS.jpg

@renosud - not sure you want to do this...but you should try "recessing" the door to the sheathing layer.

And...it doesn't look like you have two "frames" abutting one another. Each unit (door and sidelight) should have a frame which would provide some thickness to the separation.

2021-02-25_10-41-14.thumb.png.19dbd5c41b0dd046f036b93c63dc3496.png2021-02-25_10-45-10.thumb.png.4fe8a73d4a0a6c8dcc993d4ee7fef8e4.png

High Ridge Runner & Mr Nestor,

I have uploaded a sample plan with these conditions and added a photo of the result I want to achieve with all units in the same plane and no frame/casing projections. I have recessed to sheathing layer and tried moving and shunting the individual units, but it always results in the same projecting casing. It's as if the mulled unit retains the connecting frames between individual units instead of creating a single unit frame.